Full disclosure — Industry leadership on building performanceUpcoming webinar on October 23, 2020
Completing effective building energy efficiency retrofit projects in Canada is one of the most affordable ways to cut greenhouse (GHG) emissions, while offering great potential for both energy savings and creating billions of dollars in economic opportunity. However, the lack of publicly available accurate data on existing building performance is severely hampering the realization of these opportunities. The absence of building data transparency in Canada prompted the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) to launch the Disclosure Challenge in 2019. The Challenge was taken up by five large portfolio-owners with over $50 billion in managed real estate assets under their control in Canada, who for the first time voluntarily disclosed building information from over 11 million square meters of building space.
Join us to learn about our second year of activities and how industry can take the lead on disclosing benchmarking performance data, jurisdictions across the country can provide a missing foundational piece that will help supercharge the building retrofit economy, and how sharing performance data can reduce costs and improve asset value.
- Akua Schatz, Vice President, Market Development and Advocacy, CaGBC
- Levi Higgs, Energy Management Advisory, CaGBC
Presenting Disclosure Challenge Participants:
- Jamie Gray-Donald, Senior Vice President, Sustainability, QuadReal
- Philippe Bernier, Vice President, Innovation and Sustainability, Triovest
- Joanna Jackson, Building Performance Specialist, Minto Group
- Natalie Irwin, Director of Stakeholder Engagement, Efficiency Canada