Comments on the Expert Panel on Sustainable Finance Interim Report
- We strongly support the prioritization of “Energy Efficiency and Resiliency Retrofits” in the Interim Report.
- We further note that improving energy efficiency can have a significant positive economic impact.
- To realize these opportunities there is a need for federal government leadership in overcoming a number of barriers.
- We strongly support the Interim Report’s suggestion for “centralized platform for facilitation of public/private partnerships”, and have identified some basic building blocks of a well-functioning market.
- We wish to further emphasize that a robust energy efficiency service delivery infrastructure and ongoing federal and provincial policy initiatives provide “foundational elements” for sustainable finance.
Author: Brendan Haley
Policy Director at Efficiency Canada