Efficiency Canada’s submission to the Government of Canada
Pre-budget consultations in advance of the upcoming federal budget
August 7, 2020
Policy Work | Submission
List of Recommendations
- Recommendation 1: That the government provide $1.5 billion in funding to expand green building workforce training.
- Recommendation 2: That the government provide $10.4 billion over three years to the low-carbon economy fund to expand provincial and municipal energy efficiency portfolios.
- Recommendation 3: That the government provide $13 billion to capitalize a building retrofit finance platform implemented through the Canada Infrastructure Bank, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, and other relevant partners.
- Recommendation 4: That the government provide $2 billion for large-scale building retrofit demonstration projects.
- Recommendation 5: That the government of Canada provide additional incentives to provinces that adopt higher energy performance tiers of the 2020 model national building codes, with a plan to achieve a 90% compliance rate.